Sunday, June 1, 2008

Candle














"Oh no, a power cut!", I cursed the Electricity board. I was in in a hurry to finish off my Thermodynamics Assignment.

Somehow, in the dark, I managed to find a candle. Quickly I lit it and the light spread in the room. I saw the flame dancing even on the slightest of my movements.

I blessed the person who must have invented it, for the great help he/she has provided to the world.

For many people in remote India, its still the only source of light during night time. Gosh! can't even think of living in dark or in a candlelight. How do the children study there? Eating a candlelight dinner is okay but only in a hotel. Wouldn't like to eat bugs who would slip in the food probably because it is too dark there. But still the candle helps serve "the purpose of knowledge".


We light a candle in a church as we pray. The light shows us the way to enlightenment. We pray to god to keep our families happy and healthy. Maybe it helps serve "the purpose of Faith".


We remember the loving ones by lighting a candle in their memory. By this the candle helps serve "the purpose of affection"

In the process of giving out light it undergoes a painful process. It teaches us not to be afraid of the consequences in the process of making this world a better place to live. Maybe it teaches us "the purpose of life".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bravo, Akshay. I am proud of you on two counts. One, your creativity and second, your copitivity. Anyways, I hope you build on the same and ur blog becomes homepage for all microsoft user's someday. Just spice it up man...Its so very much like you "PHILOSOPHICAL". Make it very much unlike you (and you dont want me to explain that...do you ;)!!!).
The only way I can see it helping me is if you start a Matrimony Column.. so you can surely help out your friends.

Baki, to add a touch of humour, put up a few cartoons(most of our common friends will do).

All n all. I enjoyed it!!
Keep up the good work.Itna efforts padhai pe lagata tho aj blogger.com own karta tu :). Cheers!!